Wall Ride at Queen of Peace

Wall Ride at Queen of Peace
This is a night session at QP. It was probably 2AM by the time I got enough courage to hit the wall but I did it. I never landed but I got a couple cool photos. My mom thinks that I look like a spider. She admires this photo more than I do.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Mammoth Mountain, California


This is a picture from the 2006 Volcom Peanut Butter and Rail Jam Finals hosted at Mammoth Mountain, a mecca for snowboarding. I am doing a hurricane. It's a complicated trick to explain but it's almost a 180 on to a reverted landing (ride away in regular stance, for me it's my left foot forward). You also lean your nose hard against the rail, creating somewhat of a switch tail press. It was my favorite trick in the 2006 season because I hadn't mastered a 180 on rails.
I'd won two of their regional competitions so I qualified twice for the finals. I ended up placing fourth. I wasn't bummed about it because I knew that I didn't do my best. They had a 30 foot flat box with a ten foot drop to flat that I just couldn't land anything on. It was frustrating but I had hope for success in the following season.

No comments:

WinterPark, CO TransAM

WinterPark, CO TransAM
Jibbin' into a disappointing Second Place